Tips for a perfect Paris stay
We understand getting to know your Parisian surroundings can be somewhat overwhelming and that’s why we have created a Paris cheat sheet! If the below is not enough, Localers created a guided experience to discover your neighborhood. In 2 hours, our Welcome to Paris Orientation Tour. will get you up and started on the best places around to eat, boulangeries for delicious patisseries, or just access to your nearest metro station! Feel free to get in touch with our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Get in touch
Have a question about our tours or want to receive updates about Paris? You can connect to our guest services team via WhatsApp during your time in Paris. Simply WhatsApp us on + 33 (0) 7 81 39 36 58!
Arrival in Paris
Welcome to Paris Charles de Gaulle airport. Let’s not stick around, we’ve got all of Paris to see! We recommend: Public transportation can be easily and safely used during the daytime.
• RER line B to stations “Gare du Nord”, “Châtelet”, etc. - approx. €10 per person The cheapest way to go, with 2 stations at the airport. The train makes several stops on the way to Paris and can get crowded during rush hour, especially with bulky suitcases. Not for everyone!
• Roissy Bus to “Opéra” - approx. €11 per person A more comfortable way to get to central Paris. The bus leaves from each arrival terminal every 15 minutes between 6:00am and 12:30am. Beware of traffic jams if you’re in a hurry!
• Bus Air France to “Charles de Gaulle – Etoile”, “Gare de Lyon” or “Gare Montparnasse” – approx. €20 Another comfortable alternative dropping you off at various popular areas of Paris. Official taxi stands are located outside each arrival terminal. Avoid scam drivers who wait just outside customs; use only officially licensed drivers parked out on the curb. – Approx. €70 depending on traffic & travel time. Luxury chauffeur-driven vehicle transfers can be arranged by Localers. Sleek, stylish and hassle-free! – from €149 * Landing at the Orly airport instead? No worries, you’ll find similar options and price ranges to what’s above.
• Travel Wifi
provides a Pocket WiFi rental service to get Internet everywhere in France. With the device in your pocket, you can share the Internet connection with up to 10 devices. Use the code LOCALERS2K19 for a 5% discount
• Local calls: French numbers are made of 10 digits. Numbers starting with 06 or 07 are cellphones, while those starting with 01 are Parisian landlines.
• International calls: dial the country code of your call’s destination, then the complete phone number with area code. Some common country codes: 001 (USA), 0044 (UK), 00353 (IRE), 0061 (AU)
• RATP: Navigate the métro like a Parisian. Even we locals need it from time to time!
• Taxis G7: An easy way to book a taxi, including airport transfers. English spoken
• UBER: Get a private car & driver - useful on Friday & Saturday nights when taxis are scarce
• Velib: Explore the city with this cheap and easy-to-use bike rental system
• Le Fooding: A guide to new, original and stylish restaurants
• La Fourchette: Book a last-minute table with great discount deals
• Trip Lingo: Learn essential survival phrases
• Time Out Paris: A valuable resource for what’s happening in music, exhibitions, restaurants & bars
• INSIDR: great traveling tips for Paris